Notifications
Clear all

A Prayer Watch Begins

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@logoscounselorgmail-com)
Topic starter  

In initiating this Prayer Watch which began this very day; January 2nd, 2023.  I was very much reminded of Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Followers of Yeshua can often take for granted that ‘prayer is not such a big deal - after all, I pray all the time’.  It is true that we spend time in prayer but that “my prayer justs hits the ceiling” as many people have said to me out of frustration.  We can get blinded by how other people pray and think: ‘that sounds good, I’ll pray and say those things also’.

James, brother of Jesus, gives Elijah to us as an example of what God can do in response to the prayers of someone who is taking Him seriously. In the last chapter of his book, James draws a correlation between confessing our sins and being healed, seeing answers to our prayers. His conclusion is that Elijah was just an ordinary person like us, but that the prayers of a righteous person are powerful and effective (James 5:15-20).

It is certainly my hope that every follower takes their call to deeper levels and finds Yeshua there in the midst to this Prayer Watch!

Blessings as we move forward in His Mighty Name; the Name above them all!

Share:

If you need help or have any questions, please contact us at thomaspierce.okm@gmail.com