Be Still and Know that I AM God

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@thomas-pierce)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Be Still and Know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10

When we hear that scripture, our mind immediately knows what it is in us that Jesus is talking to as he gives that command over us.   It may be more than one thing.  It is helpful to ponder that verse and know what Jesus is drawing our attention to so that we can deal with it.  We can agree with Jesus and obey what He is telling us to do.  First of all, be still.  Stop.  Take a breath.  Know what it is that He is about to calm down in us.  Then, look at him.   Know that He is God.  Know that He has the power to calm whatever it is that is causing the turbulence in us.   This command of Jesus to Be Still brings us to another story in scripture where Jesus tells the waves and the wind to be still. 

Mark 4:

37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”

39 He got up, rebuked the wind, and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

I believe we are meant to be reminded of the calming of the storm scripture when we hear the scripture from Psalm 46 to be still because Jesus wants to bring immediate calm to our situation or circumstance that we may believe is beyond hope.  Maybe we think our boat is about to be swamped and we are going to drown.   Jesus comes and energizes our faith by telling us to be still and know that He is God.  

Immediately the storm that is raging in our life is calmed even if all of the circumstances aren't removed at once.  

Jesus is present with us to face anything and everything.  Because of this, we can be at peace, be still and know that He is our God.

Share:

If you need help or have any questions, please contact us at thomaspierce.okm@gmail.com