Clear all

Go to Jesus every day and lay your burdens down - Matthew 11:28-30

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@thomas-pierce)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Matthew 11:28-30 has been one of my favorite verses for a very long time because it is an invitation to go to Jesus and lay down every burden.  "Come to me all you that are burdened and heavy laden and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Typically, people think of the burdens of sin when they think of this verse, but the burdens mentioned in this verse are not limited to sin.  Jesus invites us on an ongoing basis to come to him to put down burdens at his feet and to find rest.  Not only does he invite us to lay our burdens down, but he also invites us to take up the light things that we are meant to carry.  Do you see that the things that Jesus called us to come and put down are things that he doesn't want us to be carrying?  What a refreshing verse this is.  Jesus is for us.  He is not against us.  He doesn't want us to be going through life with undue hardships and burdens that we are taking on ourselves.   Let's listen to Jesus' invitation to go today, lay down our burdens and rest in him and with him. 

Share:

If you need help or have any questions, please contact us at thomaspierce.okm@gmail.com